The Basque Coast is full of beautiful places to visit, breathtaking landscapes and fun activities.
But on holiday you also want to go out and eat well 😀 Especially after a good surf session.
In this article, we give you a short summary of the best places to go to for your summer nights in Biarritz.
Goodbye to the tourist traps, we give you the tips of the locals!
Where to eat (well) Biarritz ?!
Breakfasts, brunches et snacks :
- Bali bowls : açai bowl, banana breads, energy balls… the ideal kind of snack to fill up with energy before or after a good surfing session !
- Milwaukee : English-style breakfasts and brunches (pancakes, eggs Benedict, muffins)
- La Cantine : a brunch to die for
The post-surf breakfast:
- Mood café : small café with a great atmosphere, just above the Côte des Basques in the heart of the Beaurivage district. Great value for money: everything is homemade, and their desserts are delicious
- Les Bains Biarritz : on the beach of the Côte des Basques, the setting is idyllic! Their menu is simple and efficient, there is something for everyone! The food is good and the staff are lovely.
- La vague Biarritz : new foodtruck by Bali bowls, directly on the beach of the Côte des Basques. Bowls, vegan burgers & hot dogs, fresh fruit juice and coffee… ideal for a quick snack on the beach
- Le CAB : specialist of the real good burger, a must ! If you are very hungry, this is the place to go !
- Saline Ceviche bar : we like the poke bowl here. It’s fresh, it’s good and it’s revisited in the Peruvian way, we’re fans!
- – Another bowl specialist : Bowl & Go. They will deliver directly on the beach and their bowls are just divine: tuna, salmon, vegan, rice, quinoa…. You’re bound to find something you like!
The aperitif :
- Les Bains Biarritz : yes, them again! We told you we loved them. It is perhaps our favourite spot to admire the sunset while sipping a good cocktail and tasting some good tapas.
- Etxola bibi : the place to go for a beer at the sunset. The view is breathtaking!
- Les Baigneuses: a restaurant/bar overlooking the little cove in Port Vieux: it’s beautiful and it’s good. Why look for more ?!
- Le rooftop Olatua : breathtaking view of the coast, cocktails to die for!
- Les Halles de Biarritz : great atmosphere, tapas and cocktails galore, it’s the best place to meet before a wild night out!
- Trallallà : or the best pizza you’ve ever tasted! The REAL Neapolitan pizza. We would eat it every day!
- Aiete : in the heart of the Beaurivage district. A limited menu with good local and seasonal products. We love it!
- La Belloteka : for meat (and life) lovers, this restaurant, run by a former professional rugby player, will fill your belly while giving you a great time! We do all our end of season meals here!
- Haragia : a tiny restaurant specialising in prime rib. Divine!
- Le Bistrot du Haou : the setting is simple but the food is very good and seasonal! The staff is great, they will always find you a little table!
- Ahpe : we are absolutely crazy about this restaurant run by a local couple. The menu is limited, the products are seasonal and the flavour combinations are divine! There are all the ingredients to have a great time. The lunch menu is also very interesting. Be careful, think of reserving!
Where to go out in Biarritz ?!
Pre-drinks: where in Biarritz
- le rendez-vous des halles, le bar du marché, le comptoir du foie gras, le passage… all these bars are a must for our outings in Biarritz! There are always people there, there is always an atmosphere. It’s the place to be before wild nights on the Basque coast.
- EPOQ : very good restaurant, it also turns into a dance bar from 10-11pm. Ideal place for 30-50 year olds, the music is by far our favourite. We start by drinking at the Halles and end up at Epoq before going to the nightclub.
Going out in nightclubs in Biarritz
There are 3 nightclubs in Biarritz. Beyond their very different atmospheres, we choose them according to the age and the music style:
- Le Playboy, place Clémenceau: 18-25 years old / Commercial music
- Le Carré Coast, grande plage Biarritz: 25-35 years old / a techno room and an R&B room
- Le Caveau, rue Gambetta: 27-50 years old / 80’s music, a good time!
Small preference for le Caveau at Hastea, but honestly we have done and loved them all! You have to know how to vary the pleasures 😀